The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Friday issued manual income tax returns forms for tax year 2021. The return form has been issued just a month ahead of filing deadline i.e. September 30, 2021. The FBR issued SRO 1073(I)/2021 to notify the paper return form for individuals and Association of Persons (AOPs) for tax year 2021.
The latest paper income tax return form issued through SRO 1073(I)/2021 is for certain individuals and AOPs. However, tax experts believe that giving one month to taxpayers to comply with statutory requirement is not justified. The FBR issued SRO 1022(I)/2021 on August 16, 2021 to notify the draft paper Income Tax Return Forms.
Draft Income tax Return Forms Manual for Individual and AOPs for Tax Year 2021 – SRO 1022(1)2021, Dated: 16th August 2021
Previously, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued SRO No 1022(1)2021 Dated: 16th August 2021 regarding draft income tax return forms manual for individual and Association of Persons (AOPs) for tax year 2021.
According to above SRO, “FBR issues draft of certain further amendments in the Income Tax Rules, 2002, which the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) proposes to make in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 237 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 is hereby published for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby and, as required by sub-section (3) of said section , notice is hereby given that objection or suggestions thereon, if any, may for consideration of the Federal Board of Revenue be sent within seven days (7 Days) of the publication of the draft in the official gazette. Objection or suggestions which may be received from any person in respect of the said draft, before the expiry of the aforesaid period, shall be considered by the Federal Board of Revenue.“
S.R.O1073(I)/2021 – Amended Manual Income Tax Return Forms for Individual and AOPS for Tax Year 2021
Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued SRO No 1073(I)/2021 Dated: 27th August, 2021, whereby the FBR directed that the following further amendments shall be made in it’s earlier Notification No. SRO 1022(I)/2021, Dated: 16th August, 2021. “In the aforesaid notification, after part II-T, the new Part-II-U shall be added.“
FBR uploaded Online income tax return forms for Tax Year 2021
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on 1st July, 2021 announced that it is now accepting income tax returns for the fiscal year 2020-2021. It is worth mentioning that taxpayers are required to file income tax return file electronically. In this regard the FBR already notified the electronic income tax return form for tax year 2021. The FBR has already notified electronic income tax return form for taxpayers including salaried persons, business individuals, association of persons and companies. The return forms were issued through SRO 853(I)/2021 dated July 01, 2021.
“Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has uploaded the Income Tax Return Forms for Tax Year-2021. Separate Return Forms for Salaried, Association of Persons and Business Individuals have been uploaded. The returns for the outgoing fiscal year can be filed through the FBR’s web portal or the Tax Asaan application. The income tax returns can be filed online through smart phones by installing the Tax Aasaan application from Google play store.
The country’s premier tax collecting authority said that the guidelines for filling all the required particulars are available on the return form. The FBR said that a “media campaign” would also be launched by the board to raise awareness for filing of taxes.
Last Date to File Income Tax Returns for Salaried, Individual and AOPs
FBR said that the last date to file the tax returns for tax year 2021 for Salaried Persons, Individuals and Association of Persons is September 30th, 2021. On the other side, the last date to file income tax returns for Companies will be 31st December, 2021.
FBR, has already issued letter whereby, it has alarmed to the taxpayers that no extension in filing annual income tax returns will given for tax year 2021.
Penalty for non-filing income tax returns, wealth statement, foreign assets/income statement & active status.
Section 182(1) Offences and penalties – Non-filing of Income Tax returns
Offence: Where any person fails to furnish a return of income as required under section 114 within the due date.
Penalties: Such person shall pay a penalty equal to 0.1% of the tax payable in respect of that tax year for each day of default subject to a maximum penalty of 50% of the tax payableprovided that if the penalty worked out as aforesaid is less than [forty] thousand rupees or no tax is payable for that tax year such person shall pay a penalty of [forty] thousand rupees.
Minimum penalty – Salaried case
If seventy-five percent of the income is from salary and the amount of income under salary is less than five million Rupees the minimum amount of penalty shall be five thousand Rupees.
Explanation.— For the purposes of this entry, it is declared that the expression “tax payable” means tax chargeable on the taxable income on the basis of assessment made or treated to have been made under section 120, 121, 122 or 122C.
Section 182(1AA) – Failure to furnish wealth statement
Offence 114 & 116: Where any person fails to furnish wealth statement or wealth reconciliation statement.
Penalty: Such person shall pay a penalty of “0.1% of the taxable income per week or Rs.[100,000] whichever is higher.”
Section 182(IAAA) – fails to furnish a foreign assets and income statement
Offence (116A): Where any person fails to furnish a foreign assets and income statement within the due date.
Penalty: Such persons shall pay a penalty of 2 percent of the foreign income or value of the foreign assets for each year of default.
Section 182(A) – Return not filed within due date & penalty for active taxpayer status
Offence: If a person fails to file a return of income under section 114 by the due date as specified in section 118. He may not be included in the active taxpayers’ list for the year for which return was not filed within the due date.
Penalty: However, a person shall be included in the active taxpayer list on filing return after the due date, if the person pays surcharge:
(i) twenty thousand in case of a company;
(ii) ten thousand in case of an association of persons;
(iii) one thousand in case of an individual.
Draft Income Tax Returns | Manual Income Tax Returns | Last Date to file Income Tax Returns | Penalty for Non submission of Tax Returns | Penalty for Late Submission of Tax Returns | FBR | Federal Board of Revenue | Income Tax Returns | Inland Revenue Service | Paper Income Tax Returns Forms | Tax Year 2021 |
- How to Become Active Tax Filer in Pakistan in 2024How to Become Active Tax Filer in Pakistan in 2024 How to Become Active Tax Filer in Pakistan in 2024. To become a tax filer is beneficial for all those citizens who are getting some taxable income, earning foreign source income in Pakistan, or receiving foreign remittances from abroad. Reduced tax rates are also available…
- 1500 Prize Bond Full List 15 November 20231500 Prize Bond Full List 15 November 2023 1500 Prize Bond Full List 15 November 2023. Yesterday Rs 1500 prize bond draw was scheduled and same the Directorate of National savings has issued full list of winners of prizes. There are three prizes for winners. First prize is Rs 3 Million for one winner. Second…
- 1500 Prize Bond List 15 November 20231500 Prize Bond List 15 November 2023 1500 Prize Bond List 15 November 2023. Investment in prize bonds is very renowned investment type among the general public in Pakistan. Now you can also invest in premium prize bonds. Premium prize bonds have unique features that these are issued particularly the in name of the investor and…
- 100 Prize Bond List 15 November 2023100 Prize Bond List 15 November 2023 100 Prize Bond List 15 November 2023. Investment in prize bonds is very famous among the general public in Pakistan. Now a days Government is also issuing premium prize bonds in addition to other bonds. Premium prize bonds are issued specifically in name of the investor and cannot…
- Latest Update on Extension of Date for Filing of Income Tax ReturnsLatest Update on Extension of Date for Filing of Income Tax Returns Latest Update on Extension of Date for Filing of Income Tax Returns. Premier tax authority in Pakistan the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has informed that over 2.9 million income tax returns have been submitted for the tax year 2023 till October 31,…
- No More Extension in Filing Tax Return 2023 in PakistanNo More Extension in Filing Tax Return 2023 in Pakistan No More Extension in Filing Tax Return 2023 in Pakistan. Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has informed to the general public through tweet on his official X account (formally twitter) that there is no more extension in filing annual income tax returns in Pakistan for…
- Last Date to File Tax Income Return 2023 is aheadLast Date to File Tax Income Return 2023 is ahead Last Date to File Tax Income Return 2023 is ahead. Every year taxpayers file their tax returns in compliance to tax laws of their country. In Pakistan, last date to file tax returns for taxpayers is set according to their type of registration. For sole…
- National Savings Prize Bonds Draw 750 Results AnnouncedNational Savings Prize Bonds Draw 750 Results Announced National Savings Prize Bonds Draw 750 Results Announced. Rs 750 prize bond draw was held on 16 October 2023 at Muzaffarabad city. You can fined here detailed result is given here to check and download the latest list of 750 prize bond draw. If you want to…
- 750 Prize Bond List 16 October 2023750 Prize Bond List 16 October 2023 750 Prize Bond List 16 October 2023. Prize bond draw No. 96th for Rs750 is scheduled on 16th October 2023 on Monday at Muzaffarabad City. There are three prizes of Rs750 prize bond: The first prize is for one winner which is RS1,500,000. The second prize is for…
- 750 Prize Bond List 2023 Next Draw Date750 Prize Bond List 2023 Next Draw Date 750 Prize Bond List 2023 Next Draw Date. Next Rs750 value prize bond draw is scheduled on 16th October 2023. It will be the 96th prize bond draw on 16th October 2023 on Monday at Muzaffarabad City. You can check here list of winners of the prize bond draw…