The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Friday issued manual income tax returns forms for tax year 2021. The return form has been issued just a month ahead of filing deadline i.e. September 30, 2021. The FBR issued SRO 1073(I)/2021 to notify the paper return form for individuals and Association of Persons (AOPs) for tax year 2021.
The latest paper income tax return form issued through SRO 1073(I)/2021 is for certain individuals and AOPs. However, tax experts believe that giving one month to taxpayers to comply with statutory requirement is not justified. The FBR issued SRO 1022(I)/2021 on August 16, 2021 to notify the draft paper Income Tax Return Forms.
Draft Income tax Return Forms Manual for Individual and AOPs for Tax Year 2021 – SRO 1022(1)2021, Dated: 16th August 2021
Previously, Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued SRO No 1022(1)2021 Dated: 16th August 2021 regarding draft income tax return forms manual for individual and Association of Persons (AOPs) for tax year 2021.
According to above SRO, “FBR issues draft of certain further amendments in the Income Tax Rules, 2002, which the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) proposes to make in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 237 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 is hereby published for information of all persons likely to be affected thereby and, as required by sub-section (3) of said section , notice is hereby given that objection or suggestions thereon, if any, may for consideration of the Federal Board of Revenue be sent within seven days (7 Days) of the publication of the draft in the official gazette. Objection or suggestions which may be received from any person in respect of the said draft, before the expiry of the aforesaid period, shall be considered by the Federal Board of Revenue.“
S.R.O1073(I)/2021 – Amended Manual Income Tax Return Forms for Individual and AOPS for Tax Year 2021
Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) issued SRO No 1073(I)/2021 Dated: 27th August, 2021, whereby the FBR directed that the following further amendments shall be made in it’s earlier Notification No. SRO 1022(I)/2021, Dated: 16th August, 2021. “In the aforesaid notification, after part II-T, the new Part-II-U shall be added.“
FBR uploaded Online income tax return forms for Tax Year 2021
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on 1st July, 2021 announced that it is now accepting income tax returns for the fiscal year 2020-2021. It is worth mentioning that taxpayers are required to file income tax return file electronically. In this regard the FBR already notified the electronic income tax return form for tax year 2021. The FBR has already notified electronic income tax return form for taxpayers including salaried persons, business individuals, association of persons and companies. The return forms were issued through SRO 853(I)/2021 dated July 01, 2021.
“Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has uploaded the Income Tax Return Forms for Tax Year-2021. Separate Return Forms for Salaried, Association of Persons and Business Individuals have been uploaded. The returns for the outgoing fiscal year can be filed through the FBR’s web portal or the Tax Asaan application. The income tax returns can be filed online through smart phones by installing the Tax Aasaan application from Google play store.
The country’s premier tax collecting authority said that the guidelines for filling all the required particulars are available on the return form. The FBR said that a “media campaign” would also be launched by the board to raise awareness for filing of taxes.
Last Date to File Income Tax Returns for Salaried, Individual and AOPs
FBR said that the last date to file the tax returns for tax year 2021 for Salaried Persons, Individuals and Association of Persons is September 30th, 2021. On the other side, the last date to file income tax returns for Companies will be 31st December, 2021.
FBR, has already issued letter whereby, it has alarmed to the taxpayers that no extension in filing annual income tax returns will given for tax year 2021.
Penalty for non-filing income tax returns, wealth statement, foreign assets/income statement & active status.
Section 182(1) Offences and penalties – Non-filing of Income Tax returns
Offence: Where any person fails to furnish a return of income as required under section 114 within the due date.
Penalties: Such person shall pay a penalty equal to 0.1% of the tax payable in respect of that tax year for each day of default subject to a maximum penalty of 50% of the tax payableprovided that if the penalty worked out as aforesaid is less than [forty] thousand rupees or no tax is payable for that tax year such person shall pay a penalty of [forty] thousand rupees.
Minimum penalty – Salaried case
If seventy-five percent of the income is from salary and the amount of income under salary is less than five million Rupees the minimum amount of penalty shall be five thousand Rupees.
Explanation.— For the purposes of this entry, it is declared that the expression “tax payable” means tax chargeable on the taxable income on the basis of assessment made or treated to have been made under section 120, 121, 122 or 122C.
Section 182(1AA) – Failure to furnish wealth statement
Offence 114 & 116: Where any person fails to furnish wealth statement or wealth reconciliation statement.
Penalty: Such person shall pay a penalty of “0.1% of the taxable income per week or Rs.[100,000] whichever is higher.”
Section 182(IAAA) – fails to furnish a foreign assets and income statement
Offence (116A): Where any person fails to furnish a foreign assets and income statement within the due date.
Penalty: Such persons shall pay a penalty of 2 percent of the foreign income or value of the foreign assets for each year of default.
Section 182(A) – Return not filed within due date & penalty for active taxpayer status
Offence: If a person fails to file a return of income under section 114 by the due date as specified in section 118. He may not be included in the active taxpayers’ list for the year for which return was not filed within the due date.
Penalty: However, a person shall be included in the active taxpayer list on filing return after the due date, if the person pays surcharge:
(i) twenty thousand in case of a company;
(ii) ten thousand in case of an association of persons;
(iii) one thousand in case of an individual.
Draft Income Tax Returns | Manual Income Tax Returns | Last Date to file Income Tax Returns | Penalty for Non submission of Tax Returns | Penalty for Late Submission of Tax Returns | FBR | Federal Board of Revenue | Income Tax Returns | Inland Revenue Service | Paper Income Tax Returns Forms | Tax Year 2021 |
- Happy Independence Day Pakistan 14 August 2022On which Day Pakistan Got Independence? Happy Independence Day Pakistan 14 August 2022: 14 August Independence Day is Pakistan’s national day. Pakistan got freedom on 14th August 1947. On this day in 1947, Pakistan is a very proud country because it became the world’s first Islamic republic after independence from British rule. History of Pakistani…
- Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022 Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) draws it’s lucky draw of Point of Sales (POS) Prize Scheme on 15th of every month for the previous month’s Sales Tax Invoices verified by the buyers of goods. Last month, 7th Lucky Draw of this POS Prize Scheme held in Peshawar. Where about 54 million worth prizes…
- Latest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax CalculatorLatest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax Calculator What a Mobile Price in Pakistan is a very common question which everyone often search on google, yahoo, and Bing. Taxes on Mobiles are also linked to their latest Prices. After import of Mobile Phone user has to pay tax to PTA before start of usage…
- What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022 Tax Accountant is very responsible job. He should be well equipped with tax laws of their country as well as accounting concepts. Tax Accountant is normally considered to be knowledgeable in the field of taxation of Salaried, Individual, Partnership Business and for corporate Sector. Tax Accountant…
- How to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate OnlineHow to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate Online LESCO Bill is issued by Lahore Electricity Supply Company against electricity consumed by LESCO connection holders on the monthly basis. LESCO is electricity supplier in Lahore region. LESCO provides facility to check online / view and even download in PDF to LESCO Bill Duplicate. Area covered by LESCO…
- How Can I Download my PTCL Tax Certificate?How Can I Download my PTCL Tax Certificate? Every year Taxpayer needs his tax deduction certificate when he files his annual income tax return. Tax is deducted by telecommunication companies on provision of services. Tax is included in the amount of charges paid for services. Such tax is also named as ‘Advance Income Tax’, and…
- Today Iris FBR is going to update it’s SystemToday Iris FBR is going to update it’s System Federal Board of Revenue is a premier organization for management of tax system in Pakistan. FBR has some portals for this purpose like, www.e.fbr.gov.pk , FBR Maloomat and Iris FBR portal. Iris FBR is it’s main portal of tax collection agency in Pakistan. Issues in Iris…
- How Much Income Tax on Salary in Pakistan 2022-23How Much Income Tax on Salary in Pakistan 2022-23 Here we are going to discuss everything you should know about the calculation of tax on your salary income according to the latest Salary tax slabs 2022-23 rates in Pakistan. There are different Income Tax Slabs for FY 2022-2023 year in Pakistan on Salary Income. DIVISION OF SALARY INCOME IN…
- Prize Bond 750 list 2022 | Prize Bond Schedule 2022Prize Bond 750 list 2022 | Prize Bond Schedule 2022 Prize bond draw 92 of Rs 750 will held at Quetta on Monday 17-10-2022. According to the representative of National Savings, the worth of Rs 750 prize bond 1st prize is Rs 1500000 PKR, the worth of 2nd prize is Rs 500000 PKR, and the…
- Pakistani Rupee Made Recovery against US DollarPakistani Rupee Made Recovery against US Dollar Good news is here as after a huge devaluation of Pakistani Rupee in recent days against dollar now rupee appreciated more than Rs9 in the intraday trade and is being reported at Rs228 per USD on Wednesday. The Pak Rupee has shown recovery after weeks of continuous decline…