How much Mobile Imports Decreased in First Quarter of 2023
How much Mobile Imports Decreased in First Quarter of 2023. In this environment of inflation, an increase in the prices of every product has drastically reduced the purchasing power of consumers. People are in difficult situations to meet even the necessities of life. This is evident from the fact that mobile imports in Pakistan decreased in the first quarter of the financial year 2023.
Facts about Mobile Imports
Following are the statistics for mobile phone imports in the first quarter of FY 2023.
- Pakistan imported mobile phones worth $160.271 million during the first quarter (July-September)
- a decrease of 67.62 percent
- compared to $494.960 million mobile phones imported during the same period of last year
- mobile phone imports decreased by 7.38 percent and stood at $58.407 million in September 2022
- compared to $63.06 million in August 2022
- 72.06 percent negative growth on a year-on-year basis in September 2022 when compared to $209.013 million during the same month of last year.
What about Telecom Imports in the country
Let us see towards statistics for telecom imports:
- Telecom imports was at $248.998 million during the first quarter of FY23
- which is a decrease of 60.96 percent compared to $637.874 million during the same period of last fiscal year
- on year to year basis, the overall telecom imports decreased by 70.89 percent in September 2022
- on year to year basis, imports stood at $78.846 million when compared to $270.823 million in September 2021
- On month to month basis, the overall telecom imports reduced by 22.35 percent in September 2022 when compared to $101.537 million during August 2022