Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) on Tuesday said that the process of licensing the IT Service Providers for integration of Tier-1 retailers will take time.
The FBR issued Rules for licensing of IT Service Providers, rendering IT services to retailers undergoing integration with FBR vide SRO 1063 (I)/2021 dated 24th August 2021.
“The operationalization of licensing regime may take some time to complete the licensing process.”
In order to facilitate the retailers and with seamless integration, the current IT service providers will continue to provide services to their clients till such time the Board notifies the licensed IT service providers.
Clarification of FBR regarding licensing of IT service providers
“Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has issued Rules for licensing of IT Service Providers, rendering IT services to retailers undergoing integration with FBR vide SRO 1063 (I)/2021 dated 24th August, 2021. The operationalization of licensing regime may take some time to complete the licensing process. In order to facilitate the retailers and with seamless integration, the current IT service providers will continue to provide services to their client till such time the Board notifies the licensed IT service providers.”
INTEGRATION OF TIER-I RETAILERS AND LICENSING THEREOF
150ZQZH. Licensing.— (1) No person shall carry out integration of the retailers through software unless he has obtained a license under these rules.
(2) No licensee under these rules shall maintain or operate the system or provide any other service, which is not authorized under these rules.
(3) Every payment counter whether fixed or portable and generates invoices for receipt of payment either in cash or through debit or credit card shall be connected as per rule 150ZEB.
(4) Every licensee shall be bound to integrate the payment counter in the manner as prescribed under sub-rule (4), (5),(16) and (17) of rule 150ZEB.
150ZQZI. Functions of the licensing committee.— (1) The licensing committee shall function in accordance with the provisions of these rules or any other instructions, procedures, issued by the Board.
(2) Project Director Retail Monitoring Cell shall be the convener of the licensing committee located at FBR House, Islamabad. The Board shall provide secretarial and other allied support for the functioning of the licensing committee.
Documents required for application of grant of license for installation of point of sales machines – Rule 150ZQZJ of Sales Tax Rules 2006
(1) An application for installation, configuration and integration of point of sale (POS) machine shall be made in duplicate to the Board.
(2) No application under sub rule (1) shall be considered, unless it is accompanied by:
a- registration certificate issued by Pakistan Software Houses Association or Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan;
b- audited statement of accounts for the last three financial years;
c- list of major clientele;
d- incorporation certificate under the Companies Act;
e- National Tax Number (NTN) Certificate;
f- the paid up capital for the latest financial year is at least Rs.100 million or above;
g- registration with Sales Tax Department if required;
h- Computerized National Identity Cards (CNICs) of directors of the incorporated company;
i- undertaking that the company has never been blacklisted by any Government or Provincial department or organization and has not been involved in confirmed cases of fiscal fraud;
j- list of projects executed in the last three years; and
k- any other documents required through instructions orders issued by the Board.