What is Sohni Dharti Remittance Program?
According to the SBP, the program has been designed to incentivize Pakistani workers abroad to send remittances to Pakistan through banks and exchange companies. They will get reward points every time they send money.
The overseas Pakistanis will be able to use these reward points to avail “benefits” offered by partner organizations.
Explaining the details of the program, SBP Governor Dr Reza Baqir revealed that all home remittances sent from anywhere in the world through legal channels is eligible for inclusion in the SDRP.
“The mobile application of SDRP is available on both Google Play Store and Apple iOS platforms,” he added.
Step by Step procedure to Register with sohni Dharti Program
1LINK has developed and launched a mobile app for Android and iOS that allows users to register as a Remitter (the one who is sending money) and earn points on remittances sent to Pakistan using specified financial channels. Remitters can use the Mobile App to enroll their beneficiaries (money receivers) and transfer loyalty points to them.
Sohni Dharti Remittance app is available on the Play Store and Goggle play as well.
More importantly, sohni Dharti Remittance app is fully secure and launched by the Pakistani Government so feel free to download and use this app.
Once, app is downloaded to your smartphone, the next step is to make an account to use this app. Follow these simple steps to make an account.
- On the right side at the bottom here is the registration option, click on that.
- After clicking on registration next page will appear like this;
- Here, the user type option is first. select here if you are a remitter or beneficiary accordingly.
- If you select remitter, there will be a notification on the screen. Notification is explaining that your point will update within 5 working days. Click on okay.
- While, filling the form the next step is to select your country, and so on.
- Once, page requirement is filled click NEXT. on this new page here at the top UNIQUE ID is demanded. What is this unique id?
- The unique id, is your residence number which is assigned by the country where you are living. For example, driving license number, visa number, or residence address number.
- Set passwords as per requirement and click NEXT. Your account is ready to use now.
Benefits for users of the Sohni dharti remittance program | Points available to remitter
|Entity||Services to be offered|
|PIA||Intl’ Air Tickets, Payment for extra luggage on PIA int’l flights|
|FBR||Mobile Phone duty payment- personal baggageTax payment on the purchase of locally manufactured vehiclesPayment of Duty on Imported Vehicle|
|NADRA||NICOP / Renewal of CNIC|
|Passport Office||Renewal of Passports|
|State Life/ MoOP&HRD||Life Insurance premium payment|
|OPF||OPF Schools’ fee|
|Utility Stores Corp||Utility Stores purchases|
|FIA(non-monetary)||Separate counters for priority clearance|
|CAA(non-monetary)||Placement of Standees/ banners for promotion (Messages to be finalized and shared by SBP/ PRI, cost of standees/banners (if any) to be borne by CAA)|
WHO CAN REGISTER FOR SOHNI DHARTI REMITTANCE PROGRAM?
Any non-resident Pakistani with a CNIC or NICOP who has transferred remittance to Pakistan starting October 1, 2021, is eligible to register as a Remitter. The Sohni Dharti Remittance Program Mobile App allows a remitter to add one more recipient.
HOW A BENIFICIARY CAN REGISTER?
As a Remitter, you can use the Mobile App to register a Beneficiary against his or her valid CNIC No. On your specified mobile number, the Beneficiary will receive a registration code and an App download link through SMS, which he or she can use to enroll as a Beneficiary.
The registration code is only valid for three days, after which time the request will expire and you will have to register the beneficiary again.
HOW TO TRANSFER POINTS TO BENEFICIARY?
Yes, you can transfer points to the beneficiary from your Sohni dharti remittance app. on the app home screen select the registered beneficiary, select how many points you want to send, and transfer. the beneficiary will receive an SMS after this.