How to Check Number of Mobile SIMs Issued Against Your CNIC
How to Check Number of Mobile SIMs Issued Against Your CNIC. If you are interested to know the number of SIM cards issued against your CNIC or would like to verify the number of SIMs by all means, then keep reading.
It should be kept in your mind that there is a limit to the number of SIMs one can get against your CNIC number. As per the rules set by PTA, an individual citizen can have a maximum of 5 SIM cards issued in their name at a time.
If you already have taken 5 SIM cards and registered with your CNIC and now you want to get more, then you must first block the SIM card which is not in use to maintain the limit of a maximum of 5 SIMs.
If you want to know about the active SIM cards issued against your CNIC, it is important that you get that information as soon as possible.
There are two easy methods to check the SIMs against CNIC number:
Checking Number of SIMs Through Website:
To know the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC via website, here is a short way:
- To check the number of SIM cards issued and active against your name, go to the PTA SIM Information Website.
- By opening the website link you will able to open a webpage that will ask you to enter your information.
- Now enter your CNIC number in the given field.
- Verify that you are not a robot by checking the box and then pressing ‘Submit’.
- It will show a list of the registered SIMs against that particular CNIC in a tabular form.
- The list will be classified according to operator-wise, and total number of SIMs you have registered against your CNIC.
Checking Number of SIMs Through SMS:
To know the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC via SMS, here is a short way:
- Open the text message application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your CNIC number without using any hyphens.
- Now, send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a reply via text message showing you the total number of active SIM cards against each operator issued on your CNIC Number.
- Charges for this will PKR 2 + tax for every SMS that you send to 668.
If you come to know via using the above methods that the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC are more than the current number of SIM cards you are using actually, then you must contact the Customer Service Centre of the concerned telecom Company Operator.
If you want to block any mobile SIM that you do not use you are no longer responsible for that number against your CNIC Number. To do so, here’s the way you can follow:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- You require to show your original CNIC and fill out a related form that will immediately block your required number.
Estimate Cost : 0 pak rupees
Time Needed : 1 minutes
How to Check the Number of Mobile SIMs Issued Against Your CNIC
Obtain the CNIC number
Obtain the CNIC number for checking its record with PTA regarding the number of SIMs issued against the CNIC number
Visit the website of the relevant telecom regulatory authority
Visit the website of the relevant telecom regulatory authority like in Pakistan PTA. To check the number of SIM cards issued and active against your name, go to the PTA SIM Information Website.
Access the SIM verification website page of the PTA
PTA which is Pakistan Telecom Authority provides its website page where you can verify the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC.
Enter the required CNIC number
Now you need to enter the required CNIC number on the website of the PTA
Submit the request after entering CNIC number
Now you need to submit the request after entering CNIC number on the portal of the PTA
Review the search result
Now review the search result provided to you by PTA regarding the number of mobile SIMs issued to you against your CNIC number
- Internet-connected devices may be smartphones or a computer.
- Valid CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card).