Pakistan Revenue Automation (Pvt) Limited (PRAL) issued a cyber security advisory to Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) officials, who are working from home in the wake of the Corona virus outbreak.
PRAL said that turning to remote work due to the ongoing corona virus epidemic could create cyber security issues for the FBR and its employees.
Attackers are taking advantage of the situation, so look for emails, scams and other hacking attempts. Therefore, all FBR employees authorized to operate from home also directed to follow the following strategic points:
- Please refrain from public Wi-Fi networks and use PRAL Suggested VPN for secure connections.
- The use of remote desktop software such as TeamViewer, Anydesk, etc. strictly prohibited.
- Make sure you’re using a secure connection to your work from the home environment.
- Keep your password strong and change it regularly. Always remember the password, never write it down.
- Enable two-factor or multi-factor authentication wherever possible.
- In case of theft, protect your home PC hard drive and USB sticks with secure data.
- Keep your home PC operating system complex. Install and update your home PC with top rated anti-virus, anti-malware and firewall. You can also get the latest freeware antivirus and other security software from the PRAL technical support team.
- Check that all security software in your home PC is up to date. Add-ons for privacy tools, browsers and other patches must be checked regularly.
- All works from domestic resources is only advised to communicate using the official email of the FBR.
All FBR remote workers advised to be suspicious of any e-mail that asks them to check or renew their password and login credentials, even from a trusted source.
- Happy Independence Day Pakistan 14 August 2022
- Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022
- Latest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax Calculator
- What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022
- How to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate Online
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020