Each of Pakistan’s provinces has a different Vehicle Registration, renewal and vehicle verification systems. However, the Excise Department has developed a Motor Transport Information Management System — MTMIS Punjab — that provides the status of the vehicle registration with complete details.
- Go to the official website.
- Enter your vehicle number in the box.
- Select ‘I’m not a robot’.
- Hit ‘Search’.
- You will receive the following information: (Owner Details, Latest Payment Details, Vehicle Details, Vehicle Application Tracking).
If you are not comfortable visiting the excise office or don’t want to check online for some reason, there’s an option to do it via SMS. All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Open the SMS App.
- Enter your vehicle’s enrollment number and SMS it to 8785.
- You will get the following information: (Chassis number, Engine number, Make, Registration date, Token paid, Owner’s name).
The Pakistani government introduced the Stolen Vehicles Identification System (SVIS) in 2013. If you SMS the chassis number of your vehicle to 8521 from anywhere in Pakistan, from any mobile network, you’ll be sent further information on your cell phone.
- Open the SMS application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your vehicle’s chassis number in the text box like this: CNO ABCXXXXX.
- Now Send it to 8521.
- You will receive all information via SMS (Engine Number, Chassis Number, Stolen / Recovered, Vehicle Brand, Registration Date, Owner’s Name, Price Paid).
In addition to the SMS facility, you can also verify your vehicle’s status online in Sindh, Punjab, KPK and Baluchistan. For car verification online, visit the following links:
- Sindh’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Punjab’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- KPK’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
- Balochistan’s vehicle verification: Vehicle Verification Portal
For online verification, click on the links provided above. When the page loads, feed in the vehicle number in capital letters. Verify yourself through the recaptcha and click the search button. You’ll get complete details of vehicle.