How to check number of sims on ID card online
How to check number of sims on ID card online. In Pakistan mobile sim cards issue against the CNIC number of the sim holder. Here we will explain to you the method to check how many SIM cards issued against your CNIC.
Here we in Pakistan cannot issue in our name limitless mobile sims. The government imposed a limit to the number of sims that telecom companies can issue in the name of a person. As per the law regulated by the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), a person can issue in his name (against his CNIC number) only five (5) sims at a time.
Here we will explain you step by step procedure that how you can know about the no of active SIM cards issued against your CNIC number. Let us discuss it in detail:
Currently, there are two easy methods to check the SIMs against CNIC number:
Through Website – SIMs against CNIC number
Following is the step by step procedure to check the number of SIMs registered against a CNIC number online via website:
- Fort his purpose you have to first go to the PTA SIM Information Website.
- after accessing the website link you will able to open a webpage that will ask you to enter your required information.
- Now you have to enter your CNIC number in the given field.
- Verify that you are not a robot by checking the box and then press ‘Submit’.
- A list of the registered SIMs against that particular CNIC in a tabular form will show there.
- The list will be classified according to operator-wise, and total number of SIMs you have registered against your CNIC.
Through SMS – SIMs against CNIC number
To check the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC via SMS, following steps you may follow:
- Open the text message application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your CNIC number without using any hyphens.
- Now, send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a reply via text message showing you the total number of active SIM cards against each operator issued on your CNIC Number.
- Charges will PKR 2 + tax for every SMS that you send to 668.
What to do against unknown SIMs?
After checking the number of sims on your name, if you find any unknown sim which is not in your use or unknown for you then you must contact the Customer Service Centre of the concerned telecom Company Operator.
If you want to block any mobile SIM that you do not use, so that you are no longer responsible for that number against your CNIC Number. To do so, here’s way you can follow:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- You have to show your original CNIC and fill out a related form that will immediately block your required number.