How to Find Number of SIMs Registered against your CNIC
How to Find Number of SIMs Registered against your CNIC. Here we will explain you that how to know the number of SIM cards issued against your CNIC. You can learn here to verify the number of SIMs against your CNIC number, let us move to read it out.
How many Mobile Phone SIMs can be registered against one CNIC Number?
There is a limit to the number of SIMs one can get against his CNIC number. As per the rules set by Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA), an individual citizen can have a maximum of 5 SIM cards issued in their name at a time.
So, if you already have taken 5 SIM cards and registered with your CNIC and now you want to get more, then you must first block the SIM card which is not in use to maintain the limit of a maximum of 5 SIMs.
How to check number of active mobile SIMs issued against your CNIC Number?
If you want to know about the active SIM cards issued against your CNIC, it is important that you get that information as soon as possible.
Following are the two easy methods to check the SIMs against CNIC number:
Check Number of SIMs through Website:
If you want to know the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC via website, here is a short way:
- To check the number of SIM cards issued and active against your name, go to the PTA SIM Information Website.
- By opening the website link you will able to open a webpage that will ask you to enter your information.
- Now enter your CNIC number in the given field.
- Verify that you are not a robot by checking the box and then press ‘Submit’.
- A list of the registered SIMs against that particular CNIC in a tabular form will be shown then.
- The list will be classified according to operator-wise, and total number of SIMs you have registered against your CNIC.
Check Number of SIMs through SMS:
If you want to know the number of SIMs registered against your CNIC via SMS, here is a short way:
- Open the text message application on your mobile phone.
- Type in your CNIC number without using any hyphens.
- Now, send this message to 668.
- You will soon receive a reply via text message showing you the total number of active SIM cards against each operator issued on your CNIC Number.
- You will be charged PKR 2 + tax for every SMS that you send to 668.
If you come to know via using above methods that the number of SIMs issued against your CNIC are more than the current number of SIM cards you are using actually, then you must contact the Customer Service Centre of the concerned telecom Company Operator.
How to block a mobile SIM card registered against your CNIC Number?
Now, if you want to block any mobile SIM that you do not use, so that you are no longer responsible for that number against your CNIC Number. To do so, here’s way you van follow:
- Visit the nearest franchise or customer support office of the concerned cellular company.
- You will be required to show your original CNIC and fill a related form that will immediately block your required number.