Through the Finance Act, 2020, the Government of the Punjab reduced the rate of Punjab Sales Tax on Services from 16% to 5% on more than twenty services. Punjab Revenue Authority also reduced the rate on payments made through credit / debit cards to restaurants and beauty parlours to 5%. Government also provided a big relief to Medical profession by reducing the sales tax rate to Zero Percent.
HOTELS, MOTELS, GUEST HOUSES, MARRIAGE HALLS, CLUBS CATERING SERVICES
Hotels, motels and guest houses. 9801.1000
Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment for noncorporate, nonfranchise, nonchain businesses with less than 20 rooms; and Sixteen percent for others.
Marriage halls and lawns (by whatever name called) 9801.3000 including pandal and shamiana services. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Clubs including race clubs and their membership services 9801.4000 including services, facilities or advantages, for a subscription or any other amount, to their members. Tax Rate: Sixteen percent.
Catering services (including all ancillary/allied 9801.5000 services such as floral or other decoration, furnishing of space whether or not involving rental of equipment. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Services provided by restaurants [including cafes, food (including ice-cream) parlors, coffee houses, coffee shops, deras, food huts, eateries, resorts and similar cooked, prepared or ready-to-eat food service outlets etc 9801.2000 & 9801.9000.
Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment where payment against services is received through debit or credit cards; and Sixteen percent for others.
Franchise service relating to education services
Franchise service including intellectual property rights services and licensing services. [9823.0000, 9839.0000.
Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment for services relating to educational institutions; and Sixteen percent for others.
Construction services and services provided by contractors of building.
Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax credit/adjustment in respect of Government civil works and sixteen percent with input tax credit/adjustment for others.
Explanation- Notwithstanding the rate of 5% fixed in column 4 of second schedule, the following further reduced rates shall be applicable:
a)- one per cent for all services specified at S.No.14 without input tax credit or adjustment to the extent of Government civil works including those of cantonment boards involved in the ongoing development schemes and projects launched during Financial Year 2016-17 and funded under the Annual Development Plan of the Punjab Government or funded through foreign loans where the negotiations were finalized after 1st of July 2016 or funded under Public Sector Development Program of the Federal Government or funded by the Cantonment Boards; and
b)- zero per cent for all services specified at S.No.14 without input tax credit/adjustment to the extent of Government civil works including those of cantonment boards involved in the ongoing development schemes and projects launched prior to Financial Year 2016-17 and funded under the Annual Development Plan of the Punjab Government or funded through foreign loans where the negotiations were finalized as on 1st of July 2016 or funded under Public Sector Development Program of the Federal Government or funded by Cantonment Boards.
Beauty parlors, salons, clinics, sliming clinics, spas
Services provided for personal care by beauty parlors, salons, clinics, sliming clinics, spas (including saunas, Turkish baths and Jacuzzi) and similar other establishments.
EXCLUDING: Services provided in a parlour, salon or clinic where the facility of air-conditioning is not installed or is not available in the premises on any day of the financial year.
Tax Rate: Five percent Without input tax adjustment where payment against Services is received through debit or credit cards; and Sixteen percent for others.
Information Technology enabled services and insurance claim Processing
Information technology-enabled or information technology based services including software development, software customization, software maintenance, system support, system assembly, system integration, system designing and architecture, system analysis, system development, system operation, system maintenance, system up-gradation and modification, data warehousing or management, data entry operations, data migration or transfer, system security or protection, web designing, web development, web hosting, network designing, services relating to enterprise resource or management planning (including marketing of products), development and sale of smart phone applications or games, graphics designing, medical transcription, remote monitoring, telemedicine, insurance claim Processing, online retrieval and database access or retrieval service.
Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment
Tour Operators & Travel agents
Services provided by tour operators and travel agents including all their allied services or facilities (other than Hajj and Umrah). Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax Adjustment
Manpower recruitment agent
Manpower recruitment agent including labour and manpower supplies. Tax Rate: (a) Five percent without input tax adjustment for services where the value of service is fixed by the Bureau of Emigration and Overseas Employment; and (b) Sixteen percent for others.
Property dealers and realtors
Services provided by property dealers and realtors. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Services provided in respect of rent-a-car (including renting of all categories of vehicles meant for transportation of persons). Tax Rate: (a) Five percent without input tax adjustment for services provided to end consumers; and (b) Sixteen percent for others.
Car / automobile dealers
Services provided by car/automobile dealers. Tax Rate: (a) Sixteen percent for services provided by companies or authorized dealers; and (b) Five percent without input tax adjustment, for others.
Processing on toll
Services provided in respect of manufacturing or processing on toll or job basis (against processing on conversion charges) including industrial and commercial packaging services and similar outsourcing of industrial or commercial processes. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment
Brokerage (other than stock) and indenting services including commission agents, under-writers and auctioneers. Tax Rate: (a) Five percent without input tax adjustment for services provided in respect of agricultural produce; and (b) Sixteen percent for others.
Health care, gym, physical fitness
Services provided in specified fields such as health care, gym, physical fitness, indoor sports, games, amusement parks, arcades and other recreation facilities, and body or sauna massage etc. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment
Cable TV operators
Services provided by cable TV operators. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment
Accountants, auditors, actuaries, tax consultants
Services provided by accountants (including practicing chartered or cost accountants), auditors, actuaries, tax consultants (by whatever name called), practicing company secretaries, receivers, liquidators, auctioneers and corporate law consultants, whether individual or otherwise. Tax Rate: (a) Five percent without input tax adjustment for services relating to accountancy, audit, tax or corporate law consultancy; and (b) Sixteen percent for others.
By Air domestic and international travel
Facilities for travel originating from Punjab by Air for domestic and international travel. EXCLUDING: Air travel services provided to Hajj or Umrah passengers, diplomats and supernumerary crew. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Photographers / film-makers
Services provided by photography studios and event or occasion photographers/film-makers. EXCLUDING: Non-corporate (individual) photographers operating from small road-side shops declared as such by the Authority. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Skin and laser clinics
Services provided by skin and laser clinics, cosmetic and plastic surgeons and hair transplant services including consultation services. Excluding: Services provided to acid or burn victims. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Parking services Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Treatment of textile, leather
Services in respect of treatment of textile, leather but not limited to Dyeing services, Edging and cutting, cloth treating, water proofing, Embroidery, Engraving, Fabric bleaching, Knitting, Leather staining, Leather working, Pre-shrinking, Colour separation services, pattern printing and shoe making services. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Apartment house management, real estate management and services of rent collection. Tax Rate: Five percent without input tax adjustment.
Medical consultation/ visit fee exceeding Rs.1,500 per consultation/ visit of doctors, medical practitioners and medical specialists. (ii) Bed/ room charges of hospitals exceeding Rs.6,000/- per day per bed / room. Tax Rate: Zero percent without input tax adjustment.
Ride-Hailing Services. Tax Rate: Four percent without input tax adjustment.
- Computational Errors in FBR Iris Portal identified by KTBAKarachi Tax Bar Association (KTBA) has expressed dissatisfaction over the classification of income set in IRIS (portal for e-filing of income tax returns), citing various…
- New Penalty Provisions relating to non-integrated Tier-1 RetailersThe FBR has been empowered to require any person or classes of person to integrate their invoice issuing system machines with the FBR’s computerised system…
- Additional income tax slapped on electricity bills of non-filer professionalsADVANCE TAX ON ELECTRICITY – SECTION 235(1A), DIVISION IV, PART IV, FIRST SCHEDULE As per Section 235 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 the Electricity…
- FBR categorically rejected news of extension in date of filing income tax returnsA spokesman for the Federal Board of Revenue has vehemently denied reports in some newspapers of extending the date for filing income tax returns, saying…
- Non-Banking Foreign Remittance Channels Legalizes by Third amendment Ordinance 2021The government has given legal cover to foreign remittances through Money Service Bureaus (MCBs), Exchange Companies (ECs) and Money Transfer Operators (MTOs), which would be…
- Highlights on Tax Laws Third Amendment Ordinance, 2021Compulsory Digitized Payment for Expenditure by Companies: This is a highly discussed amendment made in the tax laws for the documentation of the economy. Government…
- فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو کےڈائیریکٹوریٹ جنرل انٹیلی جنس و انوسٹی گیشن آئی آر لاہور نے سیلز ٹیکس ایکٹ 1990 کی شق 38 اور 40 کے تحت مصدقہ اطلاع ملنے پر لاہور میں واقع انوویٹیو بسکٹ کے خلاف سیلز ٹیکس چوری کرنے پر ایکشن لیا۔ اسیسمنٹ آرڈر کے تحت رجسٹرڈ شخص کے خلاف 4.27 ارب روپے… […]
- پاکستان اسٹاک ایکسچینج (پی ایس ایکس) میں آج ریکارڈ کاروبارہوا۔ اسٹاک مارکیٹ میں آج 1 ارب 56 کروڑ شیئرز کے سودے ہوئے، آج کاروبار تاریخی رہا اور رواں سال فروری میں ہونے والے کاروبار کا ریکارڈ ٹوٹ گیا۔ 11 فروری کو 1 ارب 12 کروڑ شیئرز کے سودے 35 ارب روپے میں طے ہوئے تھے… […]
- سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کا کہنا ہے کہ مالی سال 2021 میں شرح نمو 3اشاریہ94 فیصد رہنے کی توقع ہے۔ سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کی سماجی رابطے کی ویب سائٹ ٹویٹر پر پیغام میں بتایا گیا کہ گزشتہ موسم گرما کے بعد سے کووڈ کی صورتحال میں بہتری آئی ہے۔ 9ماہ کے جاری کھاتے 17سال… […]
- برآمدات کے شعبے میں ایک اور اچھی خبر آئی ہے، رواں مالی سال کے دس ماہ میں جراحی کے آلات ، چمڑے کے لباس ، دوا سازی سمیت کئی شعبوں کی برآمدات میں نمایاں اضافہ ہواہے. جولائی تا اپریل الیکڑک پنکھوں کی برآمدات 41 فیصد بڑھی ہیں۔ وزیراعظم عمران خان کے مشیر برائے تجارت عبدالرزاق… […]
- وزیراعظم عمران خان نے فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو (ایف بی آر) کی کارکردگی پر بیان جاری کیا ہے۔ ٹوئٹر پر جاری بیان میں وزیراعظم نے کہا کہ ایف بی آرکا اپریل میں57 فیصد ٹیکس نمو حاصل کرنا قابل تحسین ہے، ایف بی آر نے رواں سال اپریل میں 384 ارب ٹیکس وصولیاں کیں جب کہ… […]
- وفاقی وزیر خزانہ شوکت ترین نے آئندہ بجٹ میں اضافی ٹیکسز نہ لگانے کا اعلان کیا ہے۔ ایک بیان میں شوکت ترین نے کا کہ بجٹ میں پائیدار معاشی شرح نمو حاصل کرنے کے لیے اقدامات کیے جائیں گے۔ دوسری جانب قومی اسمبلی میں ٹیکس قوانین ترمیمی آرڈیننس توسیع کے لیے پیش کردیا گیا۔ بل… […]