Following is the procedure to Pay Penalty / surcharge for Late Filing of Income Tax Return in Pakistan for annual income tax return for tax year 2021.
The taxpayers who have filed tax returns for Tax Year 2021 after the due date and currently their status is “Inactive” in FBR, can pay a surcharge of Rs.1000/- (for Individual), Rs10,000 (for Partnership / AOP) and Rs20,000 (for Private Company) on the FBR website and become “Active Tax Filer“. Complete step by step procedure is given below:
- Go to the FBR website
- Login to your account through CNIC / Registration No and your password.
- Click on the “e-Payments” tab then “Create Payment” and then the “Income Tax” button.
- In the next window, select tax year 2021. Then, select “Misc” in the Tax Payment Nature.
- New proforma fields will be shown. Select “182(A) – Surcharge for ATL” in the Tax Payment Section.
- Then select “ADC (e-Payment) in Particular of Payment (Mode)“.
- Enter the amount of Penalty / Surcharge.
- After duly filling out all the fields of this form, click “Create” and the “Confirm” buttons.
- PSID number will be generated.
- Select City, then Click “Print” to download the PSID in PDF.
- Login to EasyPaisa app / Jazz Cash App / Bank App.
- Click on More, “Government Fees” / “Taxes / Excise” / etc., and select FBR.
- Enter your PSID number and click Next.
- It will fetch the details of taxpayer.
- Verify / check the details that these are correct.
- Proceed it further
- Payment made Successfully (Now wait for few hours, active status will be activated shortly).
Your payment will be accepted and your status will be updated as Active in the FBRs’ ATL list within hours.
Active Taxpayer status can be checked in the following three (3) ways:
Check Individual’s Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following procedure:
Type “ATL (space) 13 digits Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)” and send to 9966.
Check Active Taxpayer status of AOP and Company by SMS through the following procedure:
Type “ATL (space) 7 digits National Tax Number (NTN)” and send to 9966.
Check AJ&K Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following procedure:
For Individual, type AJKATL (space) CNIC (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
Having NTN AJKATL (space) 11 digit NTN (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
You can also download ATL from:
Following are the benefits of becoming active tax filer in FBR:
- Lower rates of tax deduction at source by banks on both bank profits
- Reduction on withholding tax (tax already deducted from your income and gains) when registering and transferring motor vehicles
- Lower rate of tax on buying and selling of property
- Lower withholding tax rate on capital gains on sale of securities
- Charges for tax on dividend will be lower
- Lower rate of withholding tax on prize bond winnings
- Allows you to claim back overpaid tax that has been withheld