Payment of customs duty and taxes of more than Rs 1 million will also be accepted through e-payment after January 20.
To this end, a joint meeting has been convened by the State Bank of Pakistan through video link at the request of the Karachi Customs Agents Association. (KCAA). Attended by more than 60 regional heads of all the nominated banks and representatives of the association on the second day. Decision taken in meeting that for payment of duties and taxes, any amount can be paid by check at any branch of the same bank for issuance of pay order by using PSID. However, in case of any differences, the additional tax will be collected in cash. If tax is less than the check amount, the additional amount will be credited to the taxpayer’s account.
“Without limit taxpayers now allowed to pay any amount like customs duty and tax”. He said, adding that corporate customers also allowed to pay through traditional banking (pay orders and checks). If they are unable to pay taxes and duties online. But if the corporate sector can manage e-payment, this facility will also be available to them.
It also decided to provide all facilities to the corporate sector including online banking, ATM cards etc. Further added that Standard Chartered, Samba Bank etc. have already provided online facilities to the corporate sector.
Earlier the taxpayers faced a delay of 2 to 3 days in getting the acknowledgment slip of tax payments. If the legal payment completed through e-payment and now the issue resolved during the meeting. Due to which the direction of the competent authority could be ensured. Generation of real-time acknowledgment payment vouchers.
- USD Dollar to PKR Exchange Rate History 1947 to 2023USD Dollar to PKR Exchange Rate History 1947 to 2023 USD Dollar to PKR Exchange Rate History 1947 to 2023. The exchange rate between the Pakistani Rupee (PKR) and the United States Dollar (USD) has always been a topic of … Read more
- The Importance of the Flow of Money in the EconomyThe Importance of the Flow of Money in the Economy The Importance of the Flow of Money in the Economy. In a modern economy, the flow of money is important for its proper functioning. Money acts as the lifeblood of … Read more
- Latest Petrol Prices in Pakistan 1st October 2023Latest Petrol Prices in Pakistan 1st October 2023 Latest Petrol Prices in Pakistan 1st October 2023. As of 1st October 2023, the petrol prices in Pakistan reduced by Government, bringing relief to the consumers. Moreover, the Government of Pakistan has … Read more
- FBR Extends Last Date to File Income Tax Returns to 31st October 2023FBR Extends Last Date to File Income Tax Returns to 31st October 2023 FBR Extends Last Date to File Income Tax Returns to 31st October 2023. The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has announced an extension in the last date … Read more
- Understanding Section 7e of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001Understanding Section 7e of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 Understanding Section 7e of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001. According to the FBR, a new section 7E was introduced through Finance Act, 2022. Here in this section, for tax year 2022 and onwards, every … Read more
- Exciting News: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max Price in PakistanExciting News: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max Price in Pakistan Exciting News: Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max Price in Pakistan. Apple has always been at the forefront of innovation when it comes to smartphones. Moreover with each new release, they … Read more