Income tax return filing reached at it’s peak of 3.03 million for tax year 2019, according to weekly Active Taxpayers List (ATL) updated on Monday.
The FBR issued the weekly ATL – 2019 updated on the basis of returns filed up to January 10, 2021. The ATL-2019 will remain applicable till February 28, 2021 as the FBR will issue new ATL for tax year 2020 on March 01, 2021. The return filers including salaried persons, business individuals, Association of Persons (AOPs) and companies can check their names on the ATL by visiting How to check ATL status?
The filing of income tax return is mandatory for persons driving taxable income or specified under Section 114 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001. The appearance of names on the ATL is only possible after filing income tax returns within due date. For non filers of income tax returns the rate of withholding tax will 100 percent on various transactions.
If Persons fail to file tax returns within the due date then after payment of fine to FBR the status will active. A taxpayer needs to check status of ATL before making transactions in order to avail reduced rate of tax rates.
How to check active taxpayer status
Active Taxpayer status can be checked in the following three (3) methods:
1) – VERIFICATION THROUGH ONLINE PORTAL
The ATL status check allows you to confirm your Active Taxpayer status.
2)- Check active taxpayer status by sms
Check Individual’s Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following method:
Type “ATL (space) 13 digits Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)” and send to 9966.
Check Active Taxpayer status of AOP and Company by SMS through the following procedure:
Type “ATL (space) 7 digits National Tax Number (NTN)” and send to 9966.
Check AJ&K Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following procedure:
For Individual, type AJKATL (space) CNIC (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
Having NTN AJKATL (space) 11 digit NTN (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
3)- Check active taxpayer status by downloading ATL
You can also download ATL from: Active Taxpayer List (Income Tax). With the amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 through Finance Act 2018 now the Active Tax Payer’s List of AJK (Azad Jammu & Kashmir) is considered equal with the ATL (Income Tax) .
Active taxpayer benefits
Lower rates of tax deduction at source by banks on both profits and cash withdrawals
Reduction on withholding tax (tax already deducted from your income and gains) when registering and transferring motor vehicles
Lower rate of tax on buying and selling of property
Lower withholding tax rate on capital gains on sale of securities
Charges for tax on dividend will be lower
Lower rate of withholding tax on prize bond winnings
Allows you to claim back overpaid tax that has been withheldActive Taxpayer Benefits |
- Profit Rates on Behbood Saving Certificates 2024Profit Rates on Behbood Saving Certificates 2024 Profit Rates on Behbood Saving Certificates 2024. Central Directorate of National Savings has recently revised the profit rates on different National Savings investment schemes. As per the the notification issued by the Ministry…
- Prize Bond Schedule 2024 Online CheckPrize Bond Schedule 2024 Online Check Prize Bond Schedule 2024 Online Check. Government of Pakistan, Central Directorate of National Savings has recently issued prize bond draw schedule for the year 2024. Prize Bond schedule 2024 has been issued both for…
- How to get Learning Driving License / PermitHow to get Learning Driving License / Permit How to get Learning Driving License / Permit. Now you do not need to visit to a driving license center and wait and stand in que to get your learning license. There…
- 114B of Income Tax Ordinance 2001: FBR Powers to Enforce Filing of Returns114B of Income Tax Ordinance 2001: FBR Powers to Enforce Filing of Returns 114B of Income Tax Ordinance 2001: FBR Powers to Enforce Filing of Returns. New section 114B added through Finance Act, 2022. Whereby, FBR has been given powers…
- FBR issued Notices Under Section 114(4) of Income Tax Ordinance 2001FBR issued Notices Under Section 114(4) of Income Tax Ordinance 2001 FBR issued Notices Under Section 114(4) of Income Tax Ordinance 2001. For tax year 2023, the extended date to file tax return was 31st October 2023. FBR then issued…
- 25000 Premium Prize Bond List Draw Result 11 December 202325000 Premium Prize Bond List Draw Result 11 December 2023 25000 Premium Prize Bond List Draw Result 11 December 2023. Yesterday Rs 25000 premium prize bond draw was held and the Directorate of National savings has issued full list of winners of prizes….