Income tax return filing reached at it’s peak of 3.03 million for tax year 2019, according to weekly Active Taxpayers List (ATL) updated on Monday.
The FBR issued the weekly ATL – 2019 updated on the basis of returns filed up to January 10, 2021. The ATL-2019 will remain applicable till February 28, 2021 as the FBR will issue new ATL for tax year 2020 on March 01, 2021. The return filers including salaried persons, business individuals, Association of Persons (AOPs) and companies can check their names on the ATL by visiting How to check ATL status?
The filing of income tax return is mandatory for persons driving taxable income or specified under Section 114 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001. The appearance of names on the ATL is only possible after filing income tax returns within due date. For non filers of income tax returns the rate of withholding tax will 100 percent on various transactions.
If Persons fail to file tax returns within the due date then after payment of fine to FBR the status will active. A taxpayer needs to check status of ATL before making transactions in order to avail reduced rate of tax rates.
How to check active taxpayer status
Active Taxpayer status can be checked in the following three (3) methods:
1) – VERIFICATION THROUGH ONLINE PORTAL
The ATL status check allows you to confirm your Active Taxpayer status.
2)- Check active taxpayer status by sms
Check Individual’s Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following method:
Type “ATL (space) 13 digits Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)” and send to 9966.
Check Active Taxpayer status of AOP and Company by SMS through the following procedure:
Type “ATL (space) 7 digits National Tax Number (NTN)” and send to 9966.
Check AJ&K Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following procedure:
For Individual, type AJKATL (space) CNIC (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
Having NTN AJKATL (space) 11 digit NTN (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
3)- Check active taxpayer status by downloading ATL
You can also download ATL from: Active Taxpayer List (Income Tax). With the amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 through Finance Act 2018 now the Active Tax Payer’s List of AJK (Azad Jammu & Kashmir) is considered equal with the ATL (Income Tax) .
FBR appealed to all taxpayers to file income tax returns before march 2021 | ALSO READ
Active taxpayer benefits
Lower rates of tax deduction at source by banks on both profits and cash withdrawals
Reduction on withholding tax (tax already deducted from your income and gains) when registering and transferring motor vehicles
Lower rate of tax on buying and selling of property
Lower withholding tax rate on capital gains on sale of securities
Charges for tax on dividend will be lower
Lower rate of withholding tax on prize bond winnings
Allows you to claim back overpaid tax that has been withheldActive Taxpayer Benefits |
Source | FBR | Federal Board of Revenue | Active Taxpayer List | Active Taxpayer Benefits | Income Tax Return | Last Date for Filing Income Tax Return |
- Dua for First Ashra of RamadanDua for First Ashra of Ramadan Dua for First Ashra of Ramadan. According to Hadith narrated by Salman Farsi (R.A.), who said that Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: “Ramadan is a month whose beginning is mercy, its middle is forgiveness and…
- When is the 1st Date of RamadanWhen is the 1st Date of Ramadan When is the 1st Date of Ramadan. Ramadan is a very holy month for Muslims. Muslims fast for this whole month by obeying the order of God. When Does Ramadan Start in Pakistan?…
- Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023 Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023. As per the letter issued by The Ministry of Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety, the minimum nisab has been fixed…
- 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was scheduled to announce on 15 March 2023. Its No 93 Prize bond draw of Rs200 which was…
- 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was scheduled to announce on 15 March 2023. Its No 93 Prize bond draw of Rs200…
- 200 Prize Bond Lucky Draw Result Today200 Prize Bond Lucky Draw Result Today 200 Prize Bond Lucky Draw Result Today. Rs200 prize bond draw is held in different cities in Pakistan after every three months according to the prize bond schedule issued by the Directorate of National…