Income tax return filing reached at it’s peak of 3.03 million for tax year 2019, according to weekly Active Taxpayers List (ATL) updated on Monday.
The FBR issued the weekly ATL – 2019 updated on the basis of returns filed up to January 10, 2021. The ATL-2019 will remain applicable till February 28, 2021 as the FBR will issue new ATL for tax year 2020 on March 01, 2021. The return filers including salaried persons, business individuals, Association of Persons (AOPs) and companies can check their names on the ATL by visiting How to check ATL status?
The filing of income tax return is mandatory for persons driving taxable income or specified under Section 114 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001. The appearance of names on the ATL is only possible after filing income tax returns within due date. For non filers of income tax returns the rate of withholding tax will 100 percent on various transactions.
If Persons fail to file tax returns within the due date then after payment of fine to FBR the status will active. A taxpayer needs to check status of ATL before making transactions in order to avail reduced rate of tax rates.
How to check active taxpayer status
Active Taxpayer status can be checked in the following three (3) methods:
1) – VERIFICATION THROUGH ONLINE PORTAL
The ATL status check allows you to confirm your Active Taxpayer status.
2)- Check active taxpayer status by sms
Check Individual’s Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following method:
Type “ATL (space) 13 digits Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC)” and send to 9966.
Check Active Taxpayer status of AOP and Company by SMS through the following procedure:
Type “ATL (space) 7 digits National Tax Number (NTN)” and send to 9966.
Check AJ&K Active Taxpayer status by SMS through the following procedure:
For Individual, type AJKATL (space) CNIC (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
Having NTN AJKATL (space) 11 digit NTN (without dashes). Send it to 9966.
3)- Check active taxpayer status by downloading ATL
You can also download ATL from: Active Taxpayer List (Income Tax). With the amendment in the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 through Finance Act 2018 now the Active Tax Payer’s List of AJK (Azad Jammu & Kashmir) is considered equal with the ATL (Income Tax) .
Active taxpayer benefits
Lower rates of tax deduction at source by banks on both profits and cash withdrawals
Reduction on withholding tax (tax already deducted from your income and gains) when registering and transferring motor vehicles
Lower rate of tax on buying and selling of property
Lower withholding tax rate on capital gains on sale of securities
Charges for tax on dividend will be lower
Lower rate of withholding tax on prize bond winnings
Allows you to claim back overpaid tax that has been withheldActive Taxpayer Benefits |
- Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022 Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) draws it’s lucky draw of Point of Sales (POS) Prize Scheme on 15th of every month for the previous month’s Sales Tax Invoices verified by the buyers of goods. Last month, 7th…
- Latest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax CalculatorLatest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax Calculator What a Mobile Price in Pakistan is a very common question which everyone often search on google, yahoo, and Bing. Taxes on Mobiles are also linked to their latest Prices. After…
- What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022 Tax Accountant is very responsible job. He should be well equipped with tax laws of their country as well as accounting concepts. Tax Accountant is normally considered to be knowledgeable in…
- How to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate OnlineHow to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate Online LESCO Bill is issued by Lahore Electricity Supply Company against electricity consumed by LESCO connection holders on the monthly basis. LESCO is electricity supplier in Lahore region. LESCO provides facility to check online…
- How Can I Download my PTCL Tax Certificate?How Can I Download my PTCL Tax Certificate? Every year Taxpayer needs his tax deduction certificate when he files his annual income tax return. Tax is deducted by telecommunication companies on provision of services. Tax is included in the amount…
- Today Iris FBR is going to update it’s SystemToday Iris FBR is going to update it’s System Federal Board of Revenue is a premier organization for management of tax system in Pakistan. FBR has some portals for this purpose like, www.e.fbr.gov.pk , FBR Maloomat and Iris FBR portal….