According to the weekly list of active taxpayers (ATL) released on Monday, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has reached a peak of of 3.06 million in income tax returns for the tax year 2019.
The number of returns for the tax year 2019 is based on the returns filed by January 24, 2021. The number of return filers for the tax year 2020 is 2.316 million, FBR will issue ATL for the tax year 2020 on March 1, 2021. Therefore, ATL 2019 will run until February 28, 2021. Display of name in active taxpayer list (ATL) is subject to filing of return after due date or after due date along with payment of penalty amount.
Persons required to submit Income Tax Returns
Under Section 114 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 (updated as of June 30, 2020) following persons are required to submit Income tax returns.
Penalty for non-filing income tax returns, wealth statement, foreign assets/income statement & active status | ALSO READ
(a) every company;
(ab) every person (other than a company) whose taxable income for the year exceeds the maximum amount that is not chargeable to tax under this Ordinance for the year; or
(ac) any non-profit organization as defined in clause (36) of section 2;
(ad) any welfare institution approved under clause (58) of Part I of the Second Schedule;
(ae) every person whose income for the year is subject to final taxation under any provision of this Ordinance;
(b) any person not covered by clause (a), (ab), (ac) or (ad) who,—
(i) has been charged to tax in respect of any of the two preceding tax years;
(ii) claims a loss carried forward under this Ordinance for a tax year;
(iii) owns immovable property with a land area of five hundred square yards or more or owns any flat located in areas falling within the municipal limits existing immediately before the commencement of Local Government laws in the provinces; or areas in a Cantonment; or the Islamabad Capital Territory;
(iv) owns immovable property with a land area of five hundred square yards or more located in a rating area;
FBR appealed to all taxpayers to file income tax returns before march 2021 | ALSO READ
(v) owns a flat having covered area of two thousand square feet or more located in a rating area;
(vi) owns a motor vehicle having engine capacity above 1000 CC;
(vii) has obtained National Tax Number; or
(viii) is the holder of commercial or industrial connection of electricity where the bill exceeds rupees five hundred thousand;
(ix) a resident person registered with any chamber of commerce and industry or any trade or business association or any market committee or any professional body including Pakistan Engineering Council, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council, Pakistan Bar Council or any Provincial Bar Council, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan or Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan;
Who is exempt from filing income tax returns ? | ALSO READ
(x) a resident person being an individual require to file foreign income and assets statements under section 116A.
(1A) Every individual whose income under the head ‘Income from business’ exceeds rupees three hundred thousand. But does not exceed rupees four hundred thousand in a tax year.
- 20 Online Business Ideas to Start in 202320 Online Business Ideas to Start in 2023 20 Online Business Ideas to Start in 2023. In this digital era, everyone now believes that online…
- Dua for First Ashra of RamadanDua for First Ashra of Ramadan Dua for First Ashra of Ramadan. According to Hadith narrated by Salman Farsi (R.A.), who said that Prophet Muhammad…
- When is the 1st Date of RamadanWhen is the 1st Date of Ramadan When is the 1st Date of Ramadan. Ramadan is a very holy month for Muslims. Muslims fast for…
- Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023 Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023. As per the letter issued…
- 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was scheduled to…
- 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was…
- فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو کےڈائیریکٹوریٹ جنرل انٹیلی جنس و انوسٹی گیشن آئی آر لاہور نے سیلز ٹیکس ایکٹ 1990 کی شق 38 اور 40 کے […]
- پاکستان اسٹاک ایکسچینج (پی ایس ایکس) میں آج ریکارڈ کاروبارہوا۔ اسٹاک مارکیٹ میں آج 1 ارب 56 کروڑ شیئرز کے سودے ہوئے، آج کاروبار تاریخی […]
- سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کا کہنا ہے کہ مالی سال 2021 میں شرح نمو 3اشاریہ94 فیصد رہنے کی توقع ہے۔ سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کی […]
- برآمدات کے شعبے میں ایک اور اچھی خبر آئی ہے، رواں مالی سال کے دس ماہ میں جراحی کے آلات ، چمڑے کے لباس ، […]
- وزیراعظم عمران خان نے فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو (ایف بی آر) کی کارکردگی پر بیان جاری کیا ہے۔ ٹوئٹر پر جاری بیان میں وزیراعظم نے […]
- وفاقی وزیر خزانہ شوکت ترین نے آئندہ بجٹ میں اضافی ٹیکسز نہ لگانے کا اعلان کیا ہے۔ ایک بیان میں شوکت ترین نے کا کہ […]