FBR advised to Taxpayers to update their profile by March 31, 2021 to avoid any penalty and further exclusion of there name from Active Taxpayers List (ATL).
According to Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) last date for updating the profile was December 31, 2020. However, this date was then extended by the FBR up to March 31, 2021. Date was extended for assistance of the of taxpayers to avoid the penalty and exclusion of name from the ATL list.
Through the Finance Act, 2020 amendment was made in law and a Section 114A was inserted to Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 regarding updation of taxpayer’s profile. According to provisions of the income tax ordinance 2001, the following taxpayers are required to update their profile on IRIS, which is the official web portal of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR):
List of taxpayers who are required to update their profile
a. every person applying for registration under Section 181;
b. every person deriving income chargeable to tax under the head ‘income from business’;
c. every person whose income is subject to final taxation;
d. any non-profit organization as defined in clause (36) of Section 2;
e. any trust or welfare institution; or
f. any other person prescribed by the FBR.
Tax Profiles updation not required to salaried taxpayers: FBR | ALSO READ
Following details and information are required for updating the taxpayer’s profile:
i. bank accounts;
ii. utility connections;
iii. business premises, including all manufacturing, storage or retail outlets operated or leased by the taxpayer;
iv. types of businesses; and
v. such other information which prescribed.
According to FBR, instead of requesting all the relevant information in the income tax return, a new section has been inserted for the purpose.
Registration before 30th September 2020
“Person who already registered before September 30, 2020 and are deriving business income or income subject to final taxation, trust, welfare institutions, non-profit organizations and such other persons prescribed by the board proposed to file a profile on or before December 31, 2020 (this extended up to March 31, 2021).”Federal Board of Revenue |
Registration After 30th September 2020
The FBR further said that persons who obtain their registration after September 30, 2020. They need to furnish such a profile within 90 days of registration. In case of any change in particulars of information, such persons shall update their profile within 90 days of the change in particulars.
Profile contains information
“The profile contains information relevant to income regarding bank accounts, utility connections, business premises including all manufacturing, storage or retail outlets operated or leased by the taxpayer, types of businesses and such other information as may be prescribed by the board.”Federal Board of Revenue |
Circumstances of failure to update the profile
The FBR said: “If a person fails to furnish or update a taxpayer’s profile within the due date or time period as extended by the FBR under Section 214A of the Ordinance, such person will not include in the active taxpayers’ list for the latest tax year ending prior to the aforesaid due date or extended date.”
Taxpayers Profiling: Submit otherwise ready to be inactive | ALSO READ
Payment of Surcharge / Penalty
However, name inclusion in ATL depends upon filing or updating the profile. And upon payment of surcharge amounting to Rs20,000 in the case of a company. Rs10,000 in the case of an association of persons (AOPs) and Rs1,000 in the case of an individual. “Further, a penalty for non-filing or not updating of profile also proposed at the rate of Rs2,500 for each day of default subject to minimum penalty of Rs10,000,” the FBR added.
FBR | Federal Board of Revenue | Penalty | Surcharge | Active Taxpayer List | Profile | Income Tax Ordinance 2001 | Section 114A |
- 20 Online Business Ideas to Start in 202320 Online Business Ideas to Start in 2023 20 Online Business Ideas to Start in 2023. In this digital era, everyone now believes that online…
- Dua for First Ashra of RamadanDua for First Ashra of Ramadan Dua for First Ashra of Ramadan. According to Hadith narrated by Salman Farsi (R.A.), who said that Prophet Muhammad…
- When is the 1st Date of RamadanWhen is the 1st Date of Ramadan When is the 1st Date of Ramadan. Ramadan is a very holy month for Muslims. Muslims fast for…
- Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023 Minimum Nisab for Zakat Deduction on Saving Bank Account 2023. As per the letter issued…
- 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023 200 Prize Bond List 2023 Faisalabad 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was scheduled to…
- 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023 200 prize bond draw today announced | 15 March 2023. Prize bond draw of Rs200 was…
- فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو کےڈائیریکٹوریٹ جنرل انٹیلی جنس و انوسٹی گیشن آئی آر لاہور نے سیلز ٹیکس ایکٹ 1990 کی شق 38 اور 40 کے […]
- پاکستان اسٹاک ایکسچینج (پی ایس ایکس) میں آج ریکارڈ کاروبارہوا۔ اسٹاک مارکیٹ میں آج 1 ارب 56 کروڑ شیئرز کے سودے ہوئے، آج کاروبار تاریخی […]
- سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کا کہنا ہے کہ مالی سال 2021 میں شرح نمو 3اشاریہ94 فیصد رہنے کی توقع ہے۔ سٹیٹ بینک آف پاکستان کی […]
- برآمدات کے شعبے میں ایک اور اچھی خبر آئی ہے، رواں مالی سال کے دس ماہ میں جراحی کے آلات ، چمڑے کے لباس ، […]
- وزیراعظم عمران خان نے فیڈرل بورڈ آف ریونیو (ایف بی آر) کی کارکردگی پر بیان جاری کیا ہے۔ ٹوئٹر پر جاری بیان میں وزیراعظم نے […]
- وفاقی وزیر خزانہ شوکت ترین نے آئندہ بجٹ میں اضافی ٹیکسز نہ لگانے کا اعلان کیا ہے۔ ایک بیان میں شوکت ترین نے کا کہ […]