How to check Online NTN Verification by CNIC?
- Open the website of FBR https://e.fbr.gov.pk/
- Click on the tab “Search Taxpayers“
- Click on the tab “NTN Inquiry“
- To check NTN number in Pakistan, click on the “Taxpayer Profile Inquiry” option from the left sidebar.
- Select your relevant option from the drop-down.
- Provide your “CNIC” in the CNIC field.
- Provide captcha against the “Captcha” field.
- Providing information click the “Submit” button.
- You will get all the details of taxpayer
- Here, Reference number is taxpayer’ NTN number
Q: What is Online NTN Verification?
A: Online NTN Verification is the process of verification of online NTN from the Federal Board of Revenue.
Q: What is NTN?
A: NTN stands for National Tax Number.
Q: Who’s the authority in the custody of the file of Online NTN Verification?
Federal Board of Revenue is the authority to maintain documentation of the online NTN Verification.
Q: What’s the time required for online NTN Registration?
For issuance of NTN of individual taxpayer, online registration facility is there on FBR portal, and can be registered in an online session. In case of NTN issuance of partnership and private limited company the same is registered with FBR when their registration with registrar of firms and SECP completes.
Q: How many types of online NTN are available?
There are three types of online NTN:
- Personal NTN: FBR issues this type of NTN on the CNIC of the person. Moreover, you can check it through FBR’s online NTN verification system. FBR issues this to both salaried individual and / or business individual. Furthermore, after registration of NTN, taxpayer may add Sole proprietor business in FBR profile separately.
- Association of individuals (AOP) / Partnership: This kind of online NTN is provided to the affiliation of individuals. Affiliation of individuals is the partnership between partners of at least two. You can check it by online NTN Inquiry.
- Company’s NTN: This type of online NTN issues to the company. Moreover, you can check Company NTN on FBR portal by entering Incorporation / Company Registration No issued by SECP at time of company registration.
What are the tasks to the holder of NTN?
The main duty of the NTN holder is to file their annual income tax returns within due dates with the Federal Board of Revenue.
Moreover, the last date of return filing in case of particular Person having NTN is 30th September of every year and in the case of companies end of September and December relying on the year-end of the company.