How Pakistan Stock Exchange Works in 2023
How Pakistan Stock Exchange Works in 2023. Here are some interesting facts about the Pakistan Stock Exchange. PSX is a institution which manages all the investment in shares and stocks in Pakistan.
Let us discuss it in detail:
- Companies listed on the PSX are divided into two groups
- The Regular or Ready market consists of all the companies listed.
- The small and medium enterprise market is where companies capitalized at between $150,000 and $1.2 million are traded.
- The small and medium enterprise market is tailored for institutions and high-net-worth individual investors.
- The PSX trades weekdays, On Monday through Thursday, the market is open from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. On Friday, the market is open from 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with a break from noon to 2:30
- Pricing on the PSX is done in Pakistan rupees (PKR)
How foreign investors can Invest in Pakistan Stock Exchange?
Following is the way that how foreign investors can invest in Pakistan Stock Exchange:
- A convenient way for foreign investors to invest in PSX stocks is through exchange-traded funds (ETFs)
- How to Trade on the PSX: Pakistani citizens who are living overseas can trade on the PSX by opening a Roshan digital account with one of the banks that are designated for this purpose.
- Other foreign investors can open a Special Convertible Rupee Account (SCRA.)
Pakistan Stock Exchange Listing Requirements
PSX Listing Requirements: To list on the PSX companies need to meet financial and disclosure standards. The requirements include:
- Minimum paid up capital of $1.2 million,
- Minimum free float of at least 25% of the issued share capital,
- At least 5 million free float shares within a year of the approval for listing
Top Companies of Pakistan Stock Exchange
The Pakistan Stock Exchange announced the winners of the Top 25 Companies Awarded for the year 2021. According to the list issued by the PSX the following companies are on the top:
- Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited
- Engro Corporation Limited
- Systems Limited
- Ferozsons Laboratories Limited
- Engro Fertilizers Limited
- Security Papers Limited
- Dawood Hercules Corporation Limited
- Habib Bank Limited
- TRG Pakistan Limited
- Meezan Bank Limited
- The Hub Power Company Limited
- MCB Bank Limited
- Cyan Limited
- EFU Life Assurance Limited
- Pakistan Oilfields Limited
- Bank Alfalah Limited
- Jubilee Life Insurance Company Limited
- International Industries Limited
- Engro Polymer & Chemicals Limited
- Mari Petroleum Company Limited
- Gadoon Textile Mills Limited
- International Steels Limited
- Pakistan Cables Limited
- Packages Limited
- Adamjee Insurance Company Limited