Which persons required to get sales tax registration ?
Registration Section 14(1) Every person engaged in making taxable supplies in Pakistan, including zero-rated supplies, in the course or furtherance of any taxable activity carried on by him, falling in any of the following categories, if not already registered, is required to be registered under this Act, namely:-
(a) a manufacturer who is not running a cottage industry;
(b) a retailer who is liable to pay sales tax under the Act or rules made thereunder, excluding such retailer required to pay sales tax through his electricity bill under sub-section (9) of section 3;
(c) an importer;
(d) an exporter who intends to obtain sales tax refund against his zero-rated supplies;
(e) a wholesaler, dealer or distributor; and
(f) a person who is required, under any other Federal law or Provincial law, to be registered for the purpose of any duty or tax collected or paid as if it were a levy of sales tax to be collected under the Act.
(2) Persons not engaged in making of taxable supplies in Pakistan, if required to be registered for making imports or exports, or under any provisions of the Act, or any other Federal law, may apply for registration.
(3) The registration under this Act shall be regulated in such manner as the Board may, by notification in the official Gazette, prescribe.
Which conditions required to be fulfilled by cottage industry ?
“Cottage industry” means – Section 2(5AB) of Sales Tax Act 1990.
(a) does not have an industrial gas or electricity connection;
(b) is located in a residential area;
(c) does not have a total labour force of more than ten workers; and
(d) annual turnover from all supplies does not exceed ten (10) million rupees.
- Happy Independence Day Pakistan 14 August 2022
- Latest FBR Lucky Draw 15 August 2022
- Latest Mobile Price in Pakistan and PTA Tax Calculator
- What are Latest Tax Accountant Job Description in 2022
- How to Check LESCO Bill Duplicate Online
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020